Hello, my name is Neil Kelly and I have worked at Carn Software for more than 20 years, in that time progressing from computer programmer to director. Over the years I have offered front line support to our customers and developed software systems, plus providing onsite support and training.
I present user group meetings each year for our LotteryMaster users and have been exhibiting at HLA meetings annually too, both of which are good opportunities to chat face to face with clients and potential clients.
I lead a scout group in my spare time and have been doing so for over 20 years.
The scouts like to camp in the snow as they are very active! In the past we took scouts to Haarlem in Netherlands for a Jamborette.
This comin July 2017, we are going to London, taking in Harry Potter World and Legoland. The pinnacle of the trip being a camp on Brownsea Island (the location of the first scout camp in 1907).
In addition, we have also secured a sleepover on HMS Belfast, a Royal Navy warship from WW1.
I also enjoy spending time with my family, baking, reading and keeping fit. Furthermore, I enjoy cycling with my brothers and we’re taking part in a 70 mile “Tour of Ayrshire” cycle in April 2017, raising money for Macmillan Nurses.
Most noteworthy (of course!), I married my wife Anne Marie 14 years ago and we now have a daughter, Kaitlyn. Anne Marie is a keen football supporter and Kaitlyn is in the Brownies.
LotteryMaster is our flagship software system for hospice lotteries.
We developed LotteryMaster in 2010 and our largest hospice lottery customer has almost 35,000 players each week. All of our users have transferred from previous lottery systems and enjoyed a seamless transition. LotteryMaster has been designed with the end user in mind, it is an easy to use package, feature rich and fast.
- Instant Addressing via Royal Mail ensures addresses are uniform and accurate.
- Wedding favours, including guest names to double as place settings, are easy to create and print for the weekly draw.
- Data mapping using Microsoft Mappoint or Caliper Maptitude, shows you where player density is lowest so canvassers can target better.
- Comprehensive analysis tools, with more added regularly.
DrawMaster runs alongside LotteryMaster, designed as a quick and easy way to administer prize draws. It was developed in 2012, most of our LotteryMaster users use it. One customer currently returns almost £80,000 from each prize draw to hospice funds.
Like its sister software, DrawMaster has been designed with the end user in mind, providing quick and efficient administration, with comprehensive analysis tools added regularly.
- DrawMaster can import ticket details from your mailing house, which sets it up with all of the relevant data.
- It can record additional donations, both Gift Aid and non Gift Aid.
- Track address changes, deceased donors and cancellation.
Our next longest serving team member and product specialist will be David Rodger, who will be introducing our popular FundsMaster software and providing an overview of its features and development.